Here is a video guide for using the internet safely.
Websites with information about internet safety:
- BBC Webwise
- Child internet safety (education.gov.uk)
- Protecting childrens privacy - a parents guide
Anti Virus software:
Note: It is recommended that only one Anti Virus software is installed per computer.
- AVG - (free/paid) - Windows, Mac, Linux.
- Microsoft Security Essentials (free) - Windows only. (Bit Defender in Windows 8, which is built-in.)
- Avast - Free/paid
- BitDefender - Paid
- Eset - Paid (Free trial.)
- Kaspersky - Paid
Note: Anti Virus software should be sufficient, but if you feel your computer is still compromised (after a full Anti Virus update and scan) or running slow, run one of these to be sure.